In 2016, there were 10 300 000 farms in the EU (not counting those in the United Kingdom, which as of 1 February 2020 withdrew from the EU and became a third country). Of these, 370 300 were farms specialised in cattle rearing and fattening. Over 57 % of the specialist farms (212 590) are located in just four EU Member States (Ireland, France, Spain and Germany), while the remaining 43 % are distributed across the other Member States.
Farms with specialist cattle-rearing and fattening- distribution in member states
Farms with specialist cattle-rearing and fattening: Distribution across EU Member States, 2016
We write about
Disclaimer and Copyright statement
The content of all documents (and articles) contained in this blog is the sole responsibility of the author and any opinions expressed therein do not necessarily represent the official position of the European Parliament. It is addressed to the Members and staff of the EP for their parliamentary work. Reproduction and translation for non-commercial purposes are authorised, provided the source is acknowledged and the European Parliament is given prior notice and sent a copy.
For a comprehensive description of our cookie and data protection policies, please visit Terms and Conditions page.
Copyright © European Union, 2014-2022. All rights reserved.
Be the first to write a comment.